General News
BOST Addresses Concerns Raised by Kumasi Tanker Drivers
BOSTenergies has assured fuel tanker drivers and other stakeholders that steps are being taken to resolve concerns surrounding operations at the company’s Kumasi Depot.
The assurance follows plans by some tanker drivers to embark on a three-day sit-down strike over issues including alleged discrepancies in meter readings and inadequate parking space at the Kumasi Bulk Road Vehicle (BRV) Park.
According to BOSTenergies, management was already aware of the concerns and had begun addressing them before the planned industrial action.
One of the major issues involves a damaged loading arm at the depot. The company said it has engaged a contractor to replace the faulty equipment and restore the loading facility to the required operational, safety and reliability standards.
BOSTenergies added that despite the challenge, the Kumasi Depot continues to meet market demand through its other operational loading arms.
The company also acknowledged concerns about the limited parking space available to tanker operators. It said it had previously acquired land to develop a new BRV parking facility with a capacity of about 200 trucks.
BOSTenergies said a contractor has already been selected to construct the new facility, which is expected to reduce congestion and provide safer parking arrangements for tanker operators.
In the meantime, the company said it is leasing a third-party facility to provide additional parking space until the new 200-truck facility is completed.
BOSTenergies further disclosed that it had met with representatives of the tanker drivers’ union to discuss the challenges and explain the measures being implemented.
Following the engagement, the drivers agreed to suspend their planned three-day strike and continue discussions with BOSTenergies while the outstanding issues are being resolved.
The tanker drivers had earlier raised concerns about alleged inaccuracies in meter readings, claiming that discrepancies in the quantities recorded during loading were causing them financial losses.
They also complained about inadequate parking facilities, saying the shortage was forcing some drivers to park their trucks along roadsides while waiting to load or discharge petroleum products.
According to the drivers, the situation creates safety risks and causes inconvenience for other road users, especially along busy routes.
They therefore called for an urgent solution to the parking challenge and demanded that the petroleum metering system be thoroughly inspected to ensure that recorded volumes accurately reflect the actual quantities loaded.
BOSTenergies said it remains committed to working with the tanker drivers, the National Petroleum Authority (NPA) and other relevant stakeholders to find lasting solutions to the concerns.
The company also acknowledged the important role tanker drivers play in ensuring the smooth distribution of petroleum products across the country and pledged to maintain constructive engagement with their representatives.
Source:3news
General News
Ghana, Russia Sign Visa Waiver Agreement for Diplomatic and Service Passport Holders
Ghana and Russia have signed a Visa Waiver Agreement covering holders of diplomatic and service passports, marking the first agreement of its kind between the two countries since the establishment of formal bilateral relations in 1958.
The agreement is expected to facilitate official travel between Ghana and Russia for eligible diplomatic and service passport holders while strengthening government-to-government engagements and broader bilateral cooperation.
The agreement was signed during a three-day official visit to Russia by Ghana’s Minister of Foreign Affairs, Samuel Okudzeto Ablakwa, at the invitation of his Russian counterpart, Sergey Lavrov.
Mr Ablakwa announced the development in a Facebook post on Monday, August 17, 2026, describing the agreement as a historic milestone in Ghana-Russia relations.
“On my first day of this important official visit, we signed a historic Visa Waiver Agreement for holders of Diplomatic and Service Passports,” the Minister said.
According to the Foreign Affairs Minister, the agreement represents an important step in deepening relations between the two countries and facilitating official engagements.
He noted that Ghana and Russia would continue negotiations towards expanding visa privileges to other categories of travellers as both sides seek to promote trade, investment and people-to-people exchanges.
“This is the first Visa Waiver Agreement since our two nations established formal bilateral relations in 1958,” Mr Ablakwa stated.
The agreement forms part of broader efforts by Ghana and Russia to strengthen their bilateral relationship and identify new areas of strategic cooperation.
During bilateral discussions, Mr Ablakwa also expressed Ghana’s appreciation to Russia for its support and vote for a Ghana-led United Nations resolution declaring the transatlantic enslavement and racialised chattel as the gravest crime against humanity.
The Minister said the Russian government’s support for the resolution was appreciated by Ghana as both countries continue to engage on issues of international importance.
The three-day official visit is expected to provide an opportunity for Ghana and Russia to map out additional areas of strategic cooperation and strengthen existing bilateral ties.
The two countries are also expected to explore opportunities to deepen collaboration in areas of mutual interest, particularly trade, investment and closer diplomatic engagement.
The signing of the visa waiver agreement therefore represents a significant development in Ghana-Russia relations, while ongoing negotiations on broader visa privileges could further facilitate movement and exchanges between the peoples of the two countries.
With the agreement now in place for diplomatic and service passport holders, Ghana and Russia are expected to continue discussions on additional measures aimed at strengthening bilateral relations and expanding cooperation beyond official government engagements.
https://x.com/S_OkudzetoAblak/status/2089422829934510294?s=20
General News
Police Urge Public to Disregard False Flyer on AirPods, Earphones While Driving
The Ghana Police Service has urged the public to disregard a flyer circulating on social media that falsely claims the use of AirPods, earphones and other audio devices while driving or riding is prohibited by law.
In a statement, the Service clarified that the flyer is not an official communication of the Ghana Police Service and was neither issued nor authorised by the institution.
The Police said its Cybercrime Unit is currently working to trace the individuals behind the false publication.
However, the Service cautioned motorists, motorcyclists and other road users against activities or devices that could distract them or compromise their attention, hearing, control of their vehicles or awareness of surrounding traffic.
It urged all road users to minimise distractions and exercise maximum caution while using the roads.
The Police further encouraged motorists and other road users to familiarise themselves with and comply fully with the Road Traffic Regulations, 2026 (L.I. 2519) and other applicable road traffic laws.
According to the Service, strict compliance with road traffic regulations is essential to reducing road crashes and protecting lives.
The Ghana Police Service also advised the public to rely on its official communication channels for accurate information regarding road traffic regulations and other public safety matters.
The Service reaffirmed its commitment to enforcing road traffic laws fairly and professionally while collaborating with stakeholders to promote safety on Ghana’s roads.
https://x.com/GhPoliceService/status/2089585745946124723?s=20
General News
GoldBod Warns Public Against AI-Generated Video Featuring Sammy Gyamfi
The Ghana Gold Board (GoldBod) has cautioned the public against an AI-generated video circulating online that falsely appears to feature its Chief Executive Officer, Sammy Gyamfi, Esq.
In a statement, GoldBod said it had become aware of the video and urged the public to disregard and report the misleading content.
The Board stressed that it would never request payments or solicit funds from members of the public for any investment scheme that has not been officially communicated through its authorised channels.

GoldBod further advised the public to exercise caution when engaging with information circulating on social media, particularly content purporting to originate from the organisation or its Chief Executive Officer.
According to the Board, all legitimate communications and announcements are published through its official website and verified social media platforms.
Members of the public seeking to verify GoldBod’s official communication channels have been directed to its official Linktree page: https://linktr.ee/GhanaGoldBoard
GoldBod’s warning comes amid growing concerns over the use of artificial intelligence to create convincing but misleading videos and statements involving public figures and institutions.
The Board urged the public to remain vigilant and report suspicious content to help prevent fraud and
misinformation.
General News
Police Arrest 14 Suspects Over Alleged Narcotic Drug Cultivation at Daliga
The Upper East Regional Police Command has arrested 14 suspects in connection with the alleged cultivation and distribution of narcotic drugs at Daliga in the Nabdam District of the Upper East Region.
The suspects were apprehended on Sunday, August 16, 2026, during an intelligence-led operation carried out by the Police Intelligence Directorate (PID) in collaboration with the newly established Black Cobra Team.
Those arrested include Alex Nyaaba, Charles Keleg Dombil, Zimi Pandam, Jennifer Ziini, Tobirr Naab, Yinteng James, Tosil Wandabil, Sandanane Peehim, Borimi Nohoo, Curim Teng, Curim Kugri, Nohou Dagobila, and Abane Zangbeog.
During a search conducted as part of the operation, the police reportedly discovered a large quantity of suspected narcotic substances concealed in sacks containing millet and maize.
According to the Police, preliminary investigations suggest that the suspected Indian hemp was being cultivated alongside food crops such as millet and maize as a means of disguising the farms and avoiding detection by law enforcement authorities.
The suspects are further alleged to be key suppliers of narcotic drugs to several drug dealers operating in different parts of the Upper East Region.
The 14 suspects remain in police custody and are expected to be arraigned before the court to face the appropriate legal proceedings.
The Police Command says investigations are ongoing to establish the full extent of the suspects’ activities and identify other persons who may be connected to the alleged narcotics trade.
https://x.com/GhPoliceService/status/2089343075009155565?s=20
General News
Dr Mustapha Abdul-Hamid to Deliver 2026 Danquah Institute Liberty Lecture on Ghana’s Multifaith Heritage
The Danquah Institute is set to host Islamic scholar, academic, politician and former Minister of State, Dr Mustapha Abdul-Hamid, as the keynote speaker for its 2026 Liberty Lecture, scheduled for Tuesday, August 25, 2026, at the Ridge Arena, Alisa Hotel, Ridge, Accra.
The lecture, which forms part of the Institute’s Liberty Lecture Series, will be held under the theme: “One Nation, Many Faiths: Emerging Threats to Religious Tolerance in Ghana.”
Dr Abdul-Hamid is expected to use the lecture to examine Ghana’s long-standing tradition of religious tolerance and the values that have enabled Christians, Muslims and adherents of other faiths to coexist peacefully over generations.
According to the Danquah Institute, Ghana, although predominantly Christian, has developed an admirable multifaith society built on mutual respect and the equal participation of different religious communities in national life.
The Institute says this culture of tolerance has become an important part of Ghana’s national identity and provides a model of interfaith harmony for Africa and the wider world.
Dr Abdul-Hamid will explore the historical, cultural and constitutional foundations of Ghana’s religious tolerance, with particular attention to the country’s secular state, shared institutions, everyday relationships and common values that have allowed Ghanaians to place their national identity above religious differences.
The lecture will also examine emerging developments and narratives that could threaten Ghana’s multifaith heritage.
Drawing on principles and teachings from the world’s major religions, as well as Ghana’s rich mix of traditions, customs and values, Dr Abdul-Hamid is expected to challenge prejudices, misconceptions and false notions about religious communities.
The Danquah Institute said the lecture will ultimately make a call for continued vigilance in protecting Ghana’s atmosphere of religious tolerance, peace and harmony.
“The central message of this year’s Liberty Lecture Series is that although the lamps may be many, the light is one and Ghana’s unity and progress depend upon safeguarding the mutual respect and shared values that have sustained its multifaith society,” Mansa Williams Esq., Secretary of the Danquah Institute, said.
Dr Mustapha Abdul-Hamid is an accomplished Islamic scholar, academic and public intellectual who has served Ghana in several senior public positions.
His previous roles include serving as Minister for Information and Minister for Inner-City and Zongo Development.
The 2026 Liberty Lecture will be chaired by Rev. Prof. Emmanuel Addow Obeng, former Vice-Chancellor of the University of Cape Coast, former President of Central University and former President of Presbyterian University.
Event details
Event: 2026 Liberty Lecture
Theme: One Nation, Many Faiths: Emerging Threats to Religious Tolerance in Ghana
Speaker: Dr Mustapha Abdul-Hamid (PhD)
Chair: Rev. Prof. Emmanuel Addow Obeng
Date: Tuesday, August 25, 2026
Time: 4:00 p.m.
Venue: Ridge Arena, Alisa Hotel, Ridge, Accra
Guests are expected to arrive from 4:00 p.m., with all attendees required to be seated by 4:30 p.m.
The Danquah Institute has provided 050 553 3642 as the RSVP contact for the event.
The lecture is expected to bring together academics, religious leaders, public officials, members of civil society and other stakeholders to reflect on the importance of preserving Ghana’s tradition of peaceful religious coexistence.
The Institute says protecting this heritage will require continued commitment to mutual respect, shared national values and peaceful engagement among Ghana’s various religious communities.
-
Education5 days agoOnline Classes and Education: Are They the Future of Learning?
-
Entertainment2 weeks ago‘Seeing Mahama with the Rastas Made Me Proud’ – Ras Caleb on Jamaica Cultural Visit
-
Entertainment2 weeks agoRas Caleb: Mahama’s Nyabinghi Drumming in Jamaica Was a Symbolic Act
-
Entertainment2 weeks agoPresident Mahama’s Visit to Bob Marley Museum Exposes Ghana’s Failure to Honour Creative Legends –FOCAP President
-
General News1 week agoAbla Gomashie to Account for Tourism, Culture and Creative Arts Sector at Government Accountability Series
-
Entertainment1 week agoDomestic Tourism In Ghana Grows 7% As Visits Reach 1.79 Million In 2025
-
General News2 weeks agoGH¢6.5bn Paid into Big Push Infrastructure Programme in 2026 – Ato Forson
-
Entertainment7 days agoLet Them Come Home: Ras Caleb Urges Africa to Embrace Diaspora Returnees
